in a Jar
About this Recipe
A fresh colorful salad with creamy Caesar dressing. And layered it all up in a jar, for convenience and fun!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cups rough chopped black olives
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cups rough chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cups toasted pine nuts freshly ground black pepper, for topping the salad
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 6 wedges, for sprinkling over the salad
- 1 cup American Kitchen® Caesar Salad Dressing
- Wash and dry 6 pint size jars.
- Divide garbanzo beans evenly between the jars.
- To each jar, spoon 2 tablespoons American Kitchen® Caesar
dressing over the beans.
- It’s important to make this your first layer, so the dressing doesn’t make the lettuces soggy.
- Next divide the shredded carrots evenly between the jars, followed by the cherry tomatoes, and then the olives.
- Divide the lettuce and parsley evenly between the jars, compacting the layer enough to leave 1” of headspace in the jars.
- Top with pine nuts and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately, or cover individual jars with lids and refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve each salad with a fresh slice of lemon, to squeeze over the top right before eating. This salad can be made several hours before serving.
- Cooking & preparation time shown is Minutes.
Get IN touch
American Kitchen USA
National Industries Park,
Jebel Ali Industrial District 3.
P.O BOX 8476
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We are located at the
National Industries Park
Monday to Friday:
7.30 am to 5 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed